Forget Mauritius, hello Mozam
We asked Liezel for her Top 10 Reasons why Everyone Should Travel to Mozambique:
- Inhaca Island and Mozambique has some of the best diving in Africa. The water is clean and the ocean life is so beautiful.
- Mozambique has over 2500km of un-spoilt beaches which makes it the ideal secluded beach destination. Think romantic trip in the sun…
- The cuisine is to die for. Mozam is famous for the quality of its fresh seafood and peri-peri Chicken.
- No visa required – As a South African, you didn’t need a visa. Score!
- It’s the ideal destination for the entire family with so many outdoor activities from Quad biking, 4×4’ing, horse riding and fishing.
- It’s an affordable holiday destination which is close enough to drive to from SA and is a great option for a budget island holiday getaway.
- Great weather for most of the year. May to November is the perfect time to travel, I went during the rainy season but still had a great time (not too cold and water is still warm ).
- One of my main highlights of my trip were the people. They are very helpful, funny and welcoming to visitors.
- Off the south point of Inhaca Island is Ponte Torres which is a protected coral reef reserve. This is literally the most perfect place for snorkelling.
- The Maputo Special Reserve which was Formerly known as the Maputo Elephant Reserve, is a perfect day trip for people staying in the Maputo area.
We don’t know about you but after this list, our bags are packed !