Décor & Gardening
Easy-to-make DIY room divider and shelf in one
This simple DIY project from Bosch can be completed in three easy steps and in about five hours, excluding drying time.
“Redefine your living space with an attractive room divider and shelf in one, made simply from painted fruit crates, which will provide ample space to stack books and accessories creatively,” said Bosch Home and Garden Brand Manager Ninet Bosman.
The list of materials needed for this DIY project are:
- Eight old wooden fruit crates.
- A bucket of white acrylic paint, masking paper or film for covering the painting area.
- Three 16 T10 Torx flat-head chipboard screws.
You will require the following tools:
- A Bosch PSM Primo multi-sander with a five-piece sanding sheet set for multi-sanders.
- A Bosch PFS 3000-2 fine-spray system and a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver.
To begin with, sand the fruit crates lightly using the Bosch PSM Primo multi-sander and five-piece sanding sheet set. This will remove any extraneous material on the wood and prepare the surface for the paint application.
Paint the fruit crates inside and outside with at least two coats of white acrylic paint, using the Bosch PFS 3000-2 fine-spray system. Leave the paint to dry thoroughly. Remember to cover the painting area beforehand with masking paper or film in order to prevent any accidental paint spillages.
Stack the fruit crates in a design of your choice, making sure they are balanced properly. Then join them together securely with the three 16 T10 Torx flat-head chipboard screws, using the Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver.