Food & Wine
This delicious meal is both fun and easy to make.
You will need:
* One teaspoon vegetable oil.
* One large onion.
* Two bell peppers, chopped.
* Three cloves garlic.
* Two tablespoons tomato paste.
* Two teaspoons chili powder.
* One and a half teaspoons ground cumin.
* Coarse salt and ground pepper.
* 500 grams beef mince.
* 12 soft corn tortillas.
* Store-bought salsa and shredded iceberg lettuce.
In a large non-stick pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook until crisp and tender, three to five minutes. Add one cup of water; cook until water has evaporated and vegetables are softened, three to five minutes.
Add garlic, tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook while consistently stirring, about one minute. Add beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about five minutes. Season taco filling with salt and pepper. To serve, spoon filling onto tortillas, top with salsa and lettuce, and fold to enclose.
Get It South June 2017