Food & Wine
Chicken thighs with strawberry feta salsa
* One kilogram chicken thighs.
* Two teaspoons paprika.
* Two teaspoons garlic powder.
* Two teaspoons onion powder.
* One teaspoon oregano.
* One teaspoon salt.
* Half a teaspoon black pepper.
* A pinch of cayenne.
* One cup chopped strawberries.
* A quarter cup chopped red onion.
* One jalapeno, minced.
* Juice of one lime.
* One tablespoon chopped cilantro.
* 60 grams feta cheese, crumbled.
Heat a little oil in a pan over a medium heat. In a small bowl, mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne. Use this mixture as a rub and cover chicken in it. Let the chicken sit while the pan heats up.
Grill the chicken until cooked through and juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
While the chicken is grilling, prepare the salsa.
In a small bowl combine, strawberries, red onion, jalapeno, lime and cilantro. At the last minute add in feta and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the salsa with the chicken.
Get It South November 2017