Food & Wine
Sweet ginger, chilli chicken and Asian vegetable stir-fry
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 – 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 500 g frozen Oriental mix
- 100 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 15 ml fish sauce
- 30 ml dark soy sauce
- 15 ml fresh lime juice
- 2 x 75 g instant noodles
- Fresh coriander or basil to garnish
- Cashew nuts, toasted, to serve
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat the oil and gently sauté the ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Toss in the chicken and cook over high heat until cooked through. Remove from pan. Add a little more oil to the pan. Make sure it is very hot before adding the vegetables, just enough to cover the base of the wok. Toss until heated through and set aside. Continue in batches until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Return the chicken and all the cooked vegetables to the wok. Add the sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice. Toss together until heated through.
- Prepare the instant noodles as per directions on the packet, excluding the sachet of flavouring.
- Serve the stir-fry over the hot noodles. Garnish with fresh coriander or basil and sprinkle with toasted cashew nuts.
Get It South November 2017
WIN with Get It and The Wedding Expo
To celebrate the Wedding Expo, we have some sensational prizes up for grabs.