Food & Wine
Italian Bruschetta with bazil, pesto, roasted tomatoes and mozarella
Serves: 6 portions
- 1 ciabatta, sliced
- 30 g Flora Gold, melted
- 1 garlic clove chopped finely
- For the toppings:
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Flora Gold for roasting
- 250 g cocktail tomatoes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Flora Gold
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) basil pesto
- 250 g soft fresh mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the Flora Gold and garlic and brush the ciabatta slices with it on both sides. Warm a griddle pan over medium heat and grill the slices until golden and crisp. Put aside.
- Place the cocktail tomatoes on a baking tray and dot with the Flora Gold, season with salt and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to blister.
- Combine the 45ml Flora Gold and basil pesto in a small bowl. Top each bruschetta with the pesto mixture, tear the mozzarella into pieces and top each slice with a piece. End with a tomato and a few basil leaves on each and season lightly with salt and black pepper.
Get It South November 2017
WIN with Get It and The Wedding Expo
To celebrate the Wedding Expo, we have some sensational prizes up for grabs.