Food & Wine
Italian Bruschetta with bazil, pesto, roasted tomatoes and mozarella
Serves: 6 portions
- 1 ciabatta, sliced
- 30 g Flora Gold, melted
- 1 garlic clove chopped finely
- For the toppings:
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Flora Gold for roasting
- 250 g cocktail tomatoes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Flora Gold
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) basil pesto
- 250 g soft fresh mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the Flora Gold and garlic and brush the ciabatta slices with it on both sides. Warm a griddle pan over medium heat and grill the slices until golden and crisp. Put aside.
- Place the cocktail tomatoes on a baking tray and dot with the Flora Gold, season with salt and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to blister.
- Combine the 45ml Flora Gold and basil pesto in a small bowl. Top each bruschetta with the pesto mixture, tear the mozzarella into pieces and top each slice with a piece. End with a tomato and a few basil leaves on each and season lightly with salt and black pepper.