Food & Wine
Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed well and dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped, divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper (baking paper); set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until soft.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to safely handle, slice each one in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the potato pulp and place it into a large bowl, being careful to leave the skins intact.
- Rub the outsides of the potato skins with a little olive oil. Place the skins on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the potato pulp and mash – using an electric mixer or a potato masher – until fairly smooth; add Greek yogurt, buttermilk, salt, pepper, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, dill weed, paprika, broccoli and 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Divide the filling evenly among the potato shells then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through