Food & Wine
You will need:
- 375g spaghetti.
- One tablespoon olive oil.
- 200g thick bacon rashers, halved lengthways and sliced.
- Three garlic cloves, crushed.
- A quarter cup dry white wine.
- Two eggs.
- Two egg yolks.
- Half a cup thickened cream.
- Half a cup finely grated Parmesan.
- Extra finely grated Parmesan, to serve.
What to do:
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until golden. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for one minute or until fragrant. Add the wine and simmer for one to two minutes or until almost evaporated.
Whisk eggs, yolks, cream and parmesan together in a bowl and season. Add bacon and egg mixtures to pasta in saucepan. Cook, tossing over low heat, for one minute until pasta is covered in a creamy, thickened sauce. Serve topped with extra parmesan.