Food & Wine
Last minute chicken dinner
You’ve been stuck in traffic and still need to fetch the kids, do homework and make dinner.
This dish is great for crazy days like these.
This delicious and easy one pot meal can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
You will need:
- Two tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Four potatoes, thinly sliced.
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes.
- One tin of condensed cream of chicken soup.
- Half a cup milk.
- One onion, chopped.
- A quarter teaspoon garlic powder.
- Two cups frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower mix.
- Half a teaspoon dried parsley.
- A quarter teaspoon dried marjoram.
- A quarter teaspoon dried basil.
- A third of a cup grated Parmesan cheese.
Heat the oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Cook potatoes, stirring frequently until tender-crisp. Stir in chicken, and cook until it is no longer pink.
Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in condensed soup, milk, onion, and garlic powder. Arrange vegetables on top, and sprinkle with parsley, marjoram and basil.
Cover, and simmer over low heat until chicken is cooked through, and vegetables are tender, about five minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Information obtained from www.allrecipes.com.