Food & Wine
Greek wholegrain pasta salad
You will need:
- Two cups of wholegrain fusilli pasta.
- One medium onion.
- One large tomato.
- Half a cucumber.
- One medium red bell pepper.
- One cup crumbled light feta cheese.
- Half a cup olives.
- One tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Three tablespoons margarine.
- Two garlic cloves.
- Two tablespoons fresh mint leaves (optional).
- Two tablespoons fresh basil leaves (optional).
Cook the whole grain pasta, according to package directions, until it’s almost tender. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water until completely cool.
Thinly slice the onion, chop up the tomato, chop your cucumber up into circles or finely-chopped triangles, slice your red bell pepper into long slivers and add them all into a large serving bowl.
Add and toss the cooked pasta with remaining ingredients in your large serving bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with the mint and basil leaves, if desired.
- Recipe obtained from http://www.florastrongheart.co.za.